AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:23:44 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  Braindead Newbie
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Locked Topic Topic: Braindead Newbie  (Read 846 times)
« on: May 11, 2005, 01:44:56 AM »

I am all new to this music software thing!  I'm an old school 4 tracker. My question is..... before shelling out cash for software that is either crap or has a huge learning curve, what software is best for my needs. I have riffs on 4 track. I want to record these to PC add drums from drum machine and drop in vocals bla bla bla then be able to cut/paste ideas around the score. I also what decent quality sound recording at the end of the day!  any help would be great!  cheers
Reply #1
« on: May 11, 2005, 02:41:53 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Well, the first suggestion here is bound to be 'try Audition' - there's a free download trial available.  Of if you want to get your feet wet really slowly and cheaply, try Audacity or Kristal, both freeware.
Reply #2
« on: May 11, 2005, 05:43:47 AM »
bonnder Offline

Quote from: crippledspaz
I have riffs on 4 track.

If that means you have riffs on each track of a 4-Track, then you will need an audio card that will accept at least 4 inputs at once.  Otherwise, you will have problems getting your tracks sync'd up, no matter which audio software you use.
Reply #3
« on: May 11, 2005, 10:29:54 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Good point!

BTW, the name you are using isn't very 'politically correct' these days....
Reply #4
« on: May 12, 2005, 01:30:32 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

ozpeter Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, the name you are using isn't very 'politically correct' these days....

Well Oz.......... that might be debateable!  The young lad could be crippled and a bit spastic!!!

smiley

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #5
« on: May 12, 2005, 06:57:02 AM »

I only asked for advice on music software mate. If I had wanted your moralistic views i would have asked! So shut the **** up you small you dicked cockroach!
Reply #6
« on: May 12, 2005, 07:33:58 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Well Oz.......... that might be debateable! The young lad could be crippled and a bit spastic!!!

Oh indeed - which would be his business - but the chances are that he'd call himself a person with a disability, and in the UK at least the term 'spastic' has become such a widely used term of abuse that the leading society involved in the field has changed its name to avoid using the word.

But yes, that's all nothing to do with audio.  Perhaps I'm being oversensitive.
Reply #7
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:07:36 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

My bad.... evidently not!!!!  With that last reply post, I'm sure that the Mod Police will lock his access up for sure.  

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #8
« on: May 12, 2005, 10:23:38 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: VoodooRadio
My bad.... evidently not!!!!  With that last reply post, I'm sure that the Mod Police will lock his access up for sure.  
 wink

Well, let's put it like this: It's been dealt with - but in fairness, not quite like that.

Reply #9
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:11:09 AM »
PQ Offline

I will take it as an opportunity to improve my language skills. Please enlighten me:
I guess that I understand the phrase
you small you dicked cockroach
but I am not sure what the second "you" means. Shouldn't it be replaced with a "-" sign?

Paweł Kuśmierek
Reply #10
« on: May 12, 2005, 11:58:52 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: PQ
Shouldn't it be replaced with a "-" sign?

Without wishing to perpetuate this, it should be a hyphen. yes. But since the original question has been answered, I think that under the circumstances, we'll bid this thread adieu...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: