AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 03:42:14 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition Wish List
| | |-+  scrubbing (in 2009, please ignore this!)
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: scrubbing (in 2009, please ignore this!)  (Read 8871 times)
« on: September 25, 2003, 03:23:51 AM »
Take Two Offline

I'd like to be able to use the cursor, or an alternate cursor, to be able to "scrub by the playback head" as we did on analog machines. This is very intuitive and it is easy to find the edit points.

Mod note: This thread got updated by somebody who didn't look at the date of the original (as noted by Graeme below) - obviously this feature got included in the meantime (even though I don't think it's used much...)

"Wait a minute. How come he gets to fly Britney and I get to fly Madelaine Albright???"
Reply #1
« on: September 26, 2003, 06:21:31 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

We've been here before, when CEP2.0 was on the drawing board.

I sense a big resistance on the part of the authors to this idea.

Reply #2
« on: September 26, 2003, 07:21:34 PM »
Take Two Offline

Resistance?

All they have to do is make Audition XP only, and they won't have to worry about me at all.

"Wait a minute. How come he gets to fly Britney and I get to fly Madelaine Albright???"
Reply #3
« on: September 26, 2003, 09:52:40 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Your talking to the guy who only recently 'upgraded' to 98SE cheesy .  However, it's probably not in our long-term interests to hang on for too long and I can see a change to XP in a few months time.

Reply #4
« on: September 30, 2003, 07:48:07 PM »
CharleyManske Offline

Yes, please!  Audio scrubbing, like that in Adobe Premiere, is definitely at the top of my list of new features!

Charley Manske
Reply #5
« on: October 01, 2003, 09:54:47 PM »
Jester700 Offline

That would SO rock, especially since I'm planning on getting a shuttle wheel controller for my video projects.

Jesse Greenawalt
Reply #6
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:30:28 PM »
woodburger Offline

Play audio by scrubbing
The term scrubbing comes from the process of manually rotating the reels of analog audio tape to play back audio. In Edit View and Multitrack View, you can use the Scrub tool  to achieve a similar result. Dragging this tool slowly plays audio at a slower rate; dragging it quickly increases playback speed up to the regular rate.

In Multitrack View, the Scrub tool scrubs individual tracks. To scrub all tracks, drag the start‑time indicator.
In the toolbar, select the Scrub tool .   (EDIT/TOOLS/SCRUB)
In the Main panel, do one of the following:
In Edit View, drag forwards or backwards over audio. (To scrub only one channel, drag at the top or bottom of the panel.)

In Multitrack View, drag forwards or backwards over the track that you want to hear.

(Optional) Do any of the following:
To create a selection while scrubbing, click to set the start‑time indicator where you want the selection to begin, and then Shift‑drag the Scrub tool.

To simultaneously hear audio and move either edge of an existing selection, Shift‑drag the Scrub tool.

To play audio at the exact location of the pointer, Ctrl‑drag the Scrub tool, or drag the start‑time indicator.

To play audio at a higher or lower speed than normal, Alt‑drag the Scrub tool a short distance. Do not release the mouse button. The remaining audio plays at a speed comparable to the rate at which you dragged.
Reply #7
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

We welcome new members, but please try to post in threads where there is some relevance.

You do realise the last post in this thread was in October 2003!!

Reply #8
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:52 AM »
Andrew Rose Offline

I'm still waiting for us to move out of mono... grin grin grin

Reply #9
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:10:28 AM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

I'm still waiting for us to move out of mono... grin grin grin

You really need to get out more and stop working on all those 78's

Reply #10
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:29:00 PM »