AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:33:12 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  AA 1.5 Lessons
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: AA 1.5 Lessons  (Read 8197 times)
« on: January 30, 2005, 01:06:43 AM »
Radiokenny Offline

I think I improved them a bit this time... But you can be mean if you want.  Cheesy
Reply #1
« on: January 31, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »
Mac Offline

I hope you can forgive my harsh vote  embarassed  I'm not sure if any of the lesson material itself has changed, but it is very logical and thorough which I remember from before.

The extra branding (logo on-screen and 'theme tune' at the end) are cool, as is the new voice you acquired, did you start smoking some smooooooooth cigarettes? Smiley

My technical complaint is with the audio quality, the videos seem to have gone from one extreme to the other - full PCM to what sounds like very low bitrate mp3 or wma?  The fact I can spot the washy sound on 'ess's and shudder at the final tone on the guitar sais really bad things about what the rest of the folk here would think about the compressed sound  We aren't short of bandwith and we could easily spare the extra space of higher quality sound, I think it would be worth it!

(|-_-|)
Reply #2
« on: January 31, 2005, 09:29:17 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

I actually have the lessons in many different formats, including quicktime. I'm trying to find a happy medium. I had the same thoughs as you, but I was seeing if anyone else had the same opinion.  Cheesy I selected wmv because it was the smallest download. I will post a lesson in 3 or 4 different formats tonight. Give me some feeback on the results.
Reply #3
« on: February 01, 2005, 02:14:11 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Another great effort Kenny!  My only suggestion (as like before).... STOP GIVING YOUR WORK AWAY!!!!!  Start charging these folks!!

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #4
« on: February 01, 2005, 03:48:20 AM »
Radiokenny Offline

OK, I rendered the videos in different formats.

This transport display lesson is different from the one people can download on the AM front page. This is what the lessons will look like with the final graphics and popup info. The ones that I uploaded are a plain version without the new frills....mainly for feedback. The following video is in the windows video format.

http://audiomastersforum.net/lessons/amorg/lessons/transportfinal.wmv

.avi was awesome looking but was a 36 meg for the longest lesson.

Quicktime or the .mov format was great and 33 meg for the longest lesson.

Windows Media or .wmv was only 6 meg.

I think that the quality is acceptable for the amount of space saved. I recut all of the previous material because I'm working on 10 more lessons and I want them all to match.

Do people want the higher quality video and audio? I really don't have a feel if it matters to people or not.

I think that voodoo has a good point and he has been bugging me for a couple of years not to give the stuff away.

Posted - Thu May 09, 2002 3:50 am  

OK..... here RK here's a prop! Honestly, when Kenny first started this I didn't think there would be the interest that there was.. I was wrong. Evidently, alot of people don't want to go to the trouble of learning things on their own anymore and prefer to be spoonfed. Kenny, you have done a great job and your site is nice as well. Keep up the good work. You ought to consider not giving these efforts away for free, instead put all of it together, contact Synt and get a publisher.

Should we start making people join the forums to get the videos? This might give the membership a spike.
Reply #5
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:09:35 AM »
AMSG Offline

Quote from: Radiokenny
Do people want the higher quality video and audio? I really don't have a feel if it matters to people or not.

I think that voodoo has a good point and he has been bugging me for a couple of years not to give the stuff away.

Maybe you could have some in lower quality for free. But you could start selling the high quality ones on dvd maybe.

Should we start making people join the forums to get the videos? This might give the membership a spike.

Maybe not just join but also take part in the discussions. I sometimes look at a martial arts forum where you can get interesting articles, video instructions of forms and so on depending on post count. One post is 5 points for example and later on you can "buy" what you want then in the "shop". Some things are a bit more expensive than others and so on...
But the moderators look carefully to it that there wouldn't be too much senseless posting then to raise the post count.
Something like this is maybe too much but a simpler system would maybe make some other registered people post?
Reply #6
« on: February 03, 2005, 05:52:52 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

Some of the "registered" folks stop posting, because it's all the same discussions/material being repeated.. over, and over, and over again!  There is also the fact that, at times you will post and then have to deal with some "newbie" that wants to question every detail and be spoonfed.  Life's tooo short friends!   I still continue to "browse" regularly and make my yearly financial contributions to AudioMasters.  When something interest me.... I'll get involved if I deem it worthwhile.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: