AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 02, 2012, 12:36:58 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  Old Farts
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Locked Topic Topic: Old Farts  (Read 18793 times)
Reply #15
« on: December 25, 2004, 08:59:05 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: Havoc
reality TV shows

An oxymorn if there ever was one...

That would be an oxymoron - and the latter two syllables of the word probably describe the TV marketing person who invented the phrase originally quite well...

Quote from: VoodooRadio
I wasn't necessarily "linking" British and Manufactured...

No, but I think that I was! As well as coming up with some of the best, we have also come up with a lot of the worst. For which I can only apologise, and say that if you'd left it up to me, there would be no manufactured bands at all, or any of these apalling Pop Idol-type shows. We have, over the years, produced a few good TV music shows - and one of them is still running. So if you Americans ever get the chance to see anything called 'Later with Jools Holland', I should take the opportunity. It's all live (no backing tracks), and therefore only features bands and artistes that can actually perform.

Reply #16
« on: December 26, 2004, 09:16:21 AM »
pwhodges Offline

Quote from: lpdeluxe
are you intent upon clearing out us old farts, or clearing out all who are not?

Neither, of course, as we should be able to enjoy (or sometimes tolerate) each other's company, and can all learn from each other.

Merry Christmas, all.

Paul
Reply #17
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:57:56 PM »
Havoc Offline

That would be an oxymoron - and the latter two syllables of the word probably describe the TV marketing person who invented the phrase originally quite well...

Oops typo, should teach me not to write posts bewteen the aperitive and dinner.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #18
« on: December 27, 2004, 12:49:48 AM »
oretez Offline

Quote from: Havoc
reality TV shows

An oxymorn if there ever was one...

Whether it's still used or not the original industry term was 'unscripted fiction' . . . they were designed to bypass such middle men as writers . . . i.e. a 'professional' producer could assemble a show from a wealth of clips  . . .

Bands:
and it provides some perspective to remember that the 'Experience' was a Brit manufactured endeavor

i suppose I can confirm old fart status by indicating that I failed to understand the poll and/or the majority of the options
Reply #19
« on: December 28, 2004, 06:02:40 PM »
AMSG Offline

I heartedly subscribe to the old adage... "your only as old as you feel".

Here's another subscriber Cool I mean, I recently saw a Shaolin monk (you know, those martial artist monks in China) stand on one finger for hours, do splits, fight, use a sword that weighed around 10kg and the guy was 80-90 or so, hehehe! I would like to see alot of youngsters compete against him Tongue

But seriously, I actually think society (Western particularly) is too much age fixated. I'm soon turning 25 and think it's absurd that one already is considered to be old quite often. I mean, come one, where are we heading to, seriously? I myself don't judge anyone just by age or so but by what they are. And I actually blame the pop culture (aka media) for all of this partially with their incredible superficiality. Things have gotten worse I think with all that reality TV where lots of people think that they are something just because a camera is pointing at them Wink
Reply #20
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:33:42 PM »
Mac Offline

"your only as old as you feel". I have a 12 year old

I was dreading the next word being wife, but that's the joy of a dirty mind for you!

I think lpdeluxe's definition is the best so far. For example, whereas my mother has stolen many of my ambient cds and loves Fatboy Slim, my father insists anything after the 70's is white noise.  Smiley

(|-_-|)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: