AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:28:01 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Previous Versions
| | |-+  Cool Edit 2.0 & 2.1, Audition 1.0 & 1.5
| | | |-+  Mixer that controls CEP
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Mixer that controls CEP  (Read 66104 times)
Reply #105
« on: September 05, 2005, 06:38:26 AM »
ozpeter Offline

I've now sussed out quite a bit more about the BCF2000 and added to Alan's map of BCF2000 controls and Audition functions, which is downloadable as a pdf at http://tinyurl.com/9n8oq for about a week.  If anyone wants to host it, go for it!

ADDED:-
Identity of Mackie function keys that can be customised within Audition  (16).
Edit view command keys ( 8 )
Midi sync keys (2)
Metronome key (1)
EQ Enable key (1)
Nudge keys (2)
Rec safe key (1)
Playback mode keys (3)
Selection start key (1)
Punch key (1)

Now to actually get some work done!
Reply #106
« on: September 05, 2005, 09:25:19 AM »
alanofoz Offline

You seem to be on to something here Peter, I certainly missed it. Good work!

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #107
« on: September 05, 2005, 02:51:50 PM »
ozpeter Offline

I've actually not managed to crack the reassignment of keys using the Audition setup facility - it seems to do the right thing at the Audition end, but if I reassign F1 copy to be, say, Full Reverb, pressing the F1 copy key still just gives me a copy function.  Got any thoughts, Alan?

The keys which I'd carefully labelled with their original Mackie labels, eg "Midi tracks" thru "User", could be more usefully simply labelled F9 - F16.  I'll change that shortly.

I still think there are a few more functions lurking, Alan, esp Undo/Redo, but I can't quite track them down.
Reply #108
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:11:21 PM »
zemlin Offline

If anyone wants to host it, go for it!
duh!

The file has a better home.
I put it in the FTP folder created by Alan for the related EXCEL files.  That way you can update it if you make future revisions.

HERE IT IS

Reply #109
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:20:50 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Cheers, mate!
Reply #110
« on: September 05, 2005, 10:12:04 PM »
alanofoz Offline

I have four meetings and a wedding (not a movie title) to attend this week, so I'll have to wait until next week to look at this.

My use of the BCF has settled into 3 main areas. Two of them involve using it remotely, where I really only use the transport functions and the cue marker. The third area could be typified as "mix down". In this case the BCF sits in front of one monitor (with AA's mixer displayed) and the computer keyboard sits beside it, in front of the other monitor. I have many AA functions mapped to the computer keyboard. This third area is the only one that needs a lot of key functions, so this all works well for me.

I don't think I had much success modifying the MCSo mappings, and gave up on it in favour of my own presets. This new info may rekindle my interest though.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #111
« on: September 06, 2005, 05:27:22 AM »
ozpeter Offline

I find that keyboard shortcuts are easier to remember so its chief use is for faders and pans, but I'm always keen to get things that should work to do so, whether I use them or not!
Reply #112
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
lpdeluxe Offline

I have been out of touch for awhile, owing to the tragic deaths of, first, my motherboard, then my boot drive, and, to add insult to injury, the loss of all my bookmarks.

But enough about me. Has anyone used the Yamaha 01X m-LAN controller? It looks to me, that if it will interface w AA, that it might allow future expansion.

"Digo: 'paciencia, y barajar.'" -- Don Quijote de la Mancha, Part II, Chapter 23
Reply #113
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:47:49 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: lpdeluxe
Has anyone used the Yamaha 01X m-LAN controller? It looks to me, that if it will interface w AA, that it might allow future expansion.

Yes - I have one.  

At this moment, the main drawback is it is ASIO only - which rules it out for total integration with AA at this time (although it will control transport and replay levels, etc.).  Also, AA won't record automation either, you can only draw envelopes - not very intuitive in my book.although those who grew up with this seem to get on alright with it.

I only use it as a stand-alone mixer with AA.  Coupled with a hardware aware application, such as Sonar, CuBase, etc., it's a great combination, although not without some teething troubles.

Reply #114
« on: September 14, 2005, 01:20:40 AM »
lpdeluxe Offline

Thank you. I have a digital mixer w ADAT lightpipe I/O, and what I am looking for is a control surface, with the idea that I want something of higher quality than the US428 that just cratered.

Expandability is nice, too, and I have hopes that the next release of AA will include ASIO.

The issue of automation and "drawing" envelopes on the fly may well come to AA in the future, and, as it is, I have coped quite well without it.

...Even though it's on my front-rank wish list.

"Digo: 'paciencia, y barajar.'" -- Don Quijote de la Mancha, Part II, Chapter 23
Reply #115
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:18:16 PM »
lpdeluxe Offline

Let me add my experiences with the Mackie Control Universal and Adobe Audition.

The Mackie did not want to integrate with Audition. I called tech support and was told that I needed firmware v.2.1.2 and that my machine had 2.0.2. Upgrades are downloadable in the form of a MIDI file available at Mackie's website.
http://www.mackie.com/products/mcu/mcu_upgrade.html

The Mackie is put into upgrade mode, then the MIDI file is played into it. Once the upgrade is complete, the Mackie works very nicely, with the qualification that not all Mackie functions are written into Audition.

The problem I ran into is that Audition would not properly load, nor play, the MIDI file. After a great deal of thought, I realized that the Mackie didn't care what program played it, but only that it was routed into the MIDI in of the Mackie. After configuring the MIDI ports (Control Panel/Sounds and.../Audio to select the MIDI device), I opened the file up in WinMedia Player, set the Mackie in upgrade mode (simultaneously press the Record buttons for channels 1 + 2, and the Select button for channel 1 while using your third hand to power it up), played the file into it, and watched it upgrade.

Once that was done, all the buttons commenced to operate according to the Lexan overlay supplied.

Note that there is a document on the Mackie website, "Using the Mackie Control with Cool Edit Pro 2.1."
http://www.mackie.com/products/mackiecontrol/pdf/Mackie_Control_for_CoolEdit_Pro.pdf

The Quick Start Guide tells  you everything else you need to know.

Reply #116
« on: November 21, 2005, 07:58:27 PM »
prawnchips Offline

has anyone got the bcr or bcf to control the parametering eqing?
Reply #117
« on: December 27, 2005, 03:28:10 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

One of my Christmas gifts this year was a BCR2000.  Pretty cool little toy!  I went through and got it all programmed.  I set up the top 8 encoders to control the first 8 track volumes.  It seems to work fairly smooth when lowering the volume, but raising the volume seems a little rough (especially above 0db).  I'm curious, has anybody else experienced this?

This post has been extremely valuable for setting up the BCR2000.  Oh yeah, I'm having 2 other problems.  Well, they're not problems really.  The first row of non-push encoders are set up to control pans.  As far as I can tell there is no way to program it to have the led show the position of the pan.

The other problem?  I have 15 more encoders with no programming because I can't think of something to do with them!

Reply #118
« on: December 27, 2005, 10:33:47 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Here's a jpeg of my current bcr2000 layout and also the Sysex Dump including my 2 Audition presets.  You can import the Sysex to your controller using the free editor available at Behringer's website.

UPDATE: Added more functions to the encoder groups.  There is only one preset in the .syx.

Reply #119
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:43:18 PM »
alanofoz Offline

Quote from: Despised7
It seems to work fairly smooth when lowering the volume, but raising the volume seems a little rough (especially above 0db).  I'm curious, has anybody else experienced this?

Not here. I suspect that the BCF and BCR might be a little different in this respect.

The first row of non-push encoders are set up to control pans.  As far as I can tell there is no way to program it to have the led show the position of the pan.

See my comments in this earlier post re pan and sysex messages. While this is of no help, it does perhaps explain the situation. It's frustrating to see that the Sonar emulation provided with the BCF does indicate correctly, suggesting that the factory provided emulation can use sysex messages. In practice, I don't have much of a problem with this, there are plenty of on screen and aural indicators and I just have the LED indicators turned off.

The other problem?  I have 15 more encoders with no programming because I can't think of something to do with them!

An embarrassment of riches! My first reaction to the BCR was to use the non push encoders as faders for the first 24 tracks - your idea is an interesting variation.

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: