AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 10:38:48 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  Forum Names - Are You Confused?
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: Forum Names - Are You Confused?  (Read 15940 times)
Reply #15
« on: October 29, 2004, 04:13:28 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

We done.... "been there, done that"!

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #16
« on: November 03, 2004, 03:53:55 PM »
Mac Offline

If the search method behind phpBB wasn't so damn awful the idea of personalised filter-forums would be feasable.  I find even the 'next-generation' (heh) versions of IPB and VB to be horribly lacking in their search capabilities..  haven't had much of a play around with phpBB 2.1 though.

My thought is that the limits of server resources would rule this method out for larger forums, which can struggle with the CPU requirements of a regular forum as it is.  When a post is made, it is broken down into individual words and added to the search list (saying 'individual' crops up in post #12545) and then 2/3/4 word phrases need storing in similar gigantic lists, and some form of relevency calculation needs to be made.   The first part is implimented already, the second two still need to be added to this forum at least to get it running properly.  You would then have to compare the new post against everyones manufactured filters and drop it into the matching users to-read list, similar to the current read history that is stored.

It's an interesting idea, but I won't claim to have the time or knowledge at the moment Cheesy

(|-_-|)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: