AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 08:23:31 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  How did you find the audiomasters forum?
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: How did you find the audiomasters forum?  (Read 49033 times)
Reply #15
« on: August 23, 2004, 05:52:32 PM »
Graeme Offline
Administrator

Quote from: Cal
Thanks to Kenny, Mac, Chris, Graeme, Steve, and beetle (please forgive any glaring omissions) for settling things out and giving us a stable, vibrant community.

Thank you for the comment, but I think the community is a result of each and every person who frequents it.  Without the members, the forum would not be what it is today.

Reply #16
« on: August 23, 2004, 07:04:08 PM »
Cal Offline

Quote from: Graeme
Thanks to Kenny, Mac, Chris, Graeme, Steve, and beetle (please forgive any glaring omissions) for settling things out and giving us a stable, vibrant community.

Thank you for the comment, but I think the community is a result of each and every person who frequents it.  Without the members, the forum would not be what it is today.

Indeed --- and let me also encourage each member to say "thank you" through PayPal contributions for gifts to the Mods and Forum Keepers of Kevlar bullet-proof ve...........

cheesy

Go on now, please accept special thanks for responsibilities well-handled.

Reply #17
« on: August 25, 2004, 09:32:55 PM »
AMSG Offline

And poor Dorothy on Adobe forums.  She took the brunt of a huge amount of abuse from frantic souls... and a volunteer at that.

Yes, some comments were quite harsh back then.
Reply #18
« on: August 30, 2004, 05:47:33 PM »
beetle Offline
Global Moderator

I started out on the old Pixelite forums (anyone remember the "keep the faith" guy?  I know Graeme does!).

THen I moved to the Audio Forums, where I still visit every few months for computer info.  They haven't even changed the name of the Syntrillium forum to Audition yet.

Then I, of course, went to the Synt site, and then here.

Reply #19
« on: September 10, 2004, 06:38:19 PM »
post78 Offline

It's just too bad "HARDCORE" didn't come along.  He was a professional, you know.

"Who's THE Zapp Brannigan?".
Reply #20
« on: September 10, 2004, 11:15:10 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

post78 Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's just too bad "HARDCORE" didn't come along. He was a professional, you know.
didnt he hab a webcam?

shocked

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #21
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:03:41 AM »
Khanstein Offline

googled with the keywords "cep dj forum" Smiley

By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail. - Benjamin Franklin
Reply #22
« on: October 03, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

googled with the keywords "cep dj forum" Smiley

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome aboard!  smiley

Reply #23
« on: November 11, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »
Phil G Howe Offline

How did I find the Audiomasters Forum?

Reminds me of one evening, more than 30 years ago, when I was still courting my dear wife. We were out for dinner in a somewhat hoity-toity restaurant and were saddled with a snooty waiter who talked down to us throughout the ordering. When the entree arrived, and I was halfway through a good steak, the same waiter (waiting strategically until my mouth was full) swooped down upon our table and smarmily asked, "How did you find your steak, sir?"

I finished chewing, used my napkin, and replied in a louder-than-usual voice, "I just lifted my potato, and there it was!"   grin

(It was an old cartoon joke...)

I'd never allow myself to be cloned. I just couldn't live with myself...
Reply #24
« on: January 13, 2008, 02:57:04 AM »
beetle Offline
Global Moderator

I also started off in the Pixellite forums before moving to Syntrillium.  But, i've had such a bad couple of years that I feel like i'm brand new to this place again!

Reply #25
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »
DJ Soundtastrophe Offline
An Orkan Ahead of His Time Posts: 20

Truth be told, I found AudioMasters.net via Yahoo! search after looking for headphones online.  I liked the site's content and signed up a while back.

"Ah, yes.  Na-nu Na-nu is an Orkan form of saying hello and goodbye..."
Reply #26
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:12:17 PM »
Cal Offline

For me it would be: How did I get into Cool Edit -- because being part of this forum came from that.

Probably like a lot of us back in our early years I wanted that all-elusive pro "sound", with mics and effects that couldn't be gotten except for more dollars than I could earn in a decade for the gear.  The audio Holy Grail was w-a-a-y beyond reach.  I first did the patching trick -- from a tape deck's out, back into its input, to fake the sound-on-sound technique.  Then the '70s sound-on-sound-featured reel-to-reel tape decks were my joy (and my wife's bane). At least I could lay down "tracks" with a switch.  Simple 4-track machines then appeared.  But still no effects. Then Roland all-in-one multi-virtual-tracks hit the market.  Too much money.  But around 2001 I desperately did an internet search for editing software for the cassette-tape transfers I was making to the digital realm.  And glorious effects-featured Cool Edit 2000 showed up, for, what -- $69 or so.  From there it was Syntrillium's forum on into Adobe Audition and here. 

And actually I agonized for half a decade longer than necessary: I never knew about Cool Edit '96.

Reply #27
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:40:30 PM »
AMSG Offline

Ok, extreme bump but it's the off topic forum, forgive me Wink

I moved here from the Syntrillium forums. I think that I started there around the release of Cool Edit Pro 2.0.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: