AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:59:45 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  Kenny's web skills poll.
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Kenny's web skills poll.  (Read 6608 times)
« on: August 15, 2004, 05:09:40 AM »
Radiokenny Offline

Ok.... So what do you people think of the new design of  http://www.audiomasters.org

I'm not the greatest in the world at web design. I'm self-taught. So... don't be too mean to me.  Cheesy
Reply #1
« on: August 15, 2004, 12:56:55 PM »
Havoc Offline

Looks like people like what they see and don't notice the slight changes.

Expert in non-working solutions.
Reply #2
« on: August 15, 2004, 01:56:13 PM »
zemlin Offline

I think it looks fine.  Slicker looking than when I saw it last, but it seems to need a little polish yet on the functional side.

The links for lessons 6 and 7 point to the same file.  The naming of the lessons is not consistant and perhaps could be improved on for folks who wish to download all the lessons.  Only Lesson 2 has a number in the filename, and it is called Lesson 1.  The others are called out by their topic - which is probably good, but a number to help viewers recall the order would also be helpful.

3 of the 5 navigation tabs all point to the FORUM page - even the HOME tab.  Is that what you wanted?

Not sure I see the connection to the 35mm film border on the screenshot.  Might be better suited for a Photoshop site?

I guess the main thing that bugs me from a design standpoint is it isn't clear why that page exists.  You have links to the lessons - for the first time visitor, what are the lessons about?  What application?   If I click the HOME tab it goes to the FORUMS - I thought AUDIOMASTERS.ORG was the home page.  The 35mm film adds to the confusion - The other visuals on the page are audio related.

Another thought - your old page was very easy to view.  Not fancy, when the page came up I'd just start reading the text.  The new page is so chock-full of flashy graphics, the text gets lost in the middle.  I find it difficult to read the little paragraph in the middle as my eyes are drawn away by the pretty pictures.

One other thought - are there legal issues with using the AA logo?

In summary - I think the old page was better.  It worked, visually it matched the forum so there was an apparent connection, I could read it without my eyes jumping around on the page, etc.  The first impression of the new page was good - but the more I look at it the less I like it.

Man, I didn't intend to come across so negatively  shocked - but like I said - the more I look at it the more issues I find.  I think I'll stop now.

Reply #3
« on: August 15, 2004, 02:54:03 PM »
Radiokenny Offline

I had made a few of the same notes. I didn't catch the doubled lesson links though. Thanks for the feedback.  cheesy
Reply #4
« on: August 19, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »
Taidme Offline

There seems to be a lot of people who have not noticed any change. Maybe they are like me and have the forums (audiomastersforum.net) page in their favorites. I hadn't even seen the front page (audiomasters.org) for months. I didn't know it had been changed before this poll.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: