AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 25, 2012, 05:20:26 PM
74231 Posts in 7830 Topics by 2652 Members
Latest Member: thespirit
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5 & 6
| | |-+  Audition CS6 AKA Audition 5
| | | |-+  CS6 At Last
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author
Locked Topic Topic: CS6 At Last  (Read 859 times)
Reply #30
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Having the 64 bit version gives me access to my 8 gigs of memory which a 32 bit program won't...hear that Adobe ??

They thought about this well before you did - but one of the advantages of Audition is that it's never been RAM-hungry, whatever you do with it, so it really wouldn't make a lot of difference. I'm sure that it will happen eventually, but it helps multi-platform and legacy compatibility a lot if unnecessary things like this don't happen until they are inevitable - which isn't yet for 64-bit processing across the board. You need legacy compatibility because a lot of commercial users simply don't upgrade operating platforms at the same rate that some people change their underwear...

Reply #31
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »
djwayne Offline

Well as long as Adobe wants to cater to the XP holdouts they'll have an old outdated program. I'm going to be all 64 bit as of next week, because it's just plain better, and the way things are progressing. Having access to my 8 gigs of memory will also help plug ins and effects. It won't be long until XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, and your commercial users will have to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8 when it becomes available. 64 bit technology isn't going away, it's becoming the norm, and I'm guessing Adobe will be upgrading to that before too long.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried firing up one of my old computers that still had XP on it. After working with Windows 7, I'd never go back to XP, it's a complete dog, and I would recommend that your XP holdouts upgrade their OS's as soon as possible.
Reply #32
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried firing up one of my old computers that still had XP on it. After working with Windows 7, I'd never go back to XP, it's a complete dog, and I would recommend that your XP holdouts upgrade their OS's as soon as possible.

It's very easy to say things like that, even though the rest of the world knows the truth about them...

I wouldn't, from painful experience with it, touch Windows 7 with somebody else's disinfected bargepole. It's just about the biggest pile of pooh they've made since Vista, and deserves to sink without trace. And that's why M$ have had to extend support for XP, which isn't going anywhere at all until Windows 8 gets going, and probably not for a while even then.

Reply #33
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »
djwayne Offline

It's very easy to say things like that, even though the rest of the world knows the truth about them...

I wouldn't, from painful experience with it, touch Windows 7 with somebody else's disinfected bargepole. It's just about the biggest pile of pooh they've made since Vista, and deserves to sink without trace. And that's why M$ have had to extend support for XP, which isn't going anywhere at all until Windows 8 gets going, and probably not for a while even then.

Steve, you are so far behind the times and out of touch with reality it's ridiculous. Ever heard of SSD's ??
Reply #34
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Steve, you are so far behind the times and out of touch with reality it's ridiculous. Ever heard of SSD's ??

You just quote yourself, whereas I actually know what I'm talking about. Windows XP 'end of life' is currently quoted by M$ as being April 8th, 2014 - in other words not for quite a while yet. At one stage it was set earlier, but the reason that the date was extended was because the takeup of Windows 7 was really poor. And that was because the product is really poor. It's currently set that late so that there's some sort of a chance that Windows 8 may have been more widely adopted by then - hence the reason for setting the end of life date well after the launch of it. XP is so popular that they extended the end-of-life date by three years, although that really will be it, I'm afraid.

If you don't believe me, then perhaps you'll believe the ITProPortal, who say:

"With a relatively slow pace of adoption of Windows 7 compared to XP, specifically in the enterprise segment, and probability of Windows 8 being launched anytime in 2012, Microsoft's reluctance to extend the expiry is self-evident as it wants to push Windows 7 and then Windows 8."

And SSDs (which I almost certainly know a lot more about than you do  tongue) work fine with XP if you purchase the correct ones, which can manage their own wear-leveling.

I'm afraid that the person demonstrably out of touch with reality is you, not me...

Reply #35
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
djwayne Offline

If you're still promoting XP then you are the one out of touch. I would never go back to XP or Vista for that matter. The difference is night and day. Then again you're the one who doesn't know how to use midi or sound sample programs. tsk tsk. Go back to kissing up to Adobe's lip syncing program. I still can't believe Adobe dropped midi for lip syncing, I thought that was an April Fool's joke, but apparantly not !!!!!

Gee I wonder what features Adobe is going to drop next ...Huh
Reply #36
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Then again you're the one who doesn't know how to use midi or sound sample programs. tsk tsk. Go back to kissing up to Adobe's lip syncing program. I still can't believe Adobe dropped midi for lip syncing, I thought that was an April Fool's joke, but apparantly not !!!!!

Gee I wonder what features Adobe is going to drop next ...Huh

You see, there you go again - assuming things that you really don't know anything about. And not only that, but you're relying on ' believing' (or not) things as well, even when there's absolutely no need to; the evidence is there, so no belief is necessary. Your rather outdated and old 'MIDI' has no place in modern production methods - as has already been explained to you. And, as you've been told before, MIDI wasn't 'dropped' - it was never there in the first place in the revised codebase.

I know you don't like it that I've forgotten more about this than you seem to know, but I'm afraid that a) you'll have to get used to it, and b) the more ranting you do, the sillier you'll look.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: