AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 20, 2010, 01:28:02 AM
70515 Posts in 7368 Topics by 2192 Members
Latest Member: MeetPlanB
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  Kristal recorded at 10% higher speed
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: Kristal recorded at 10% higher speed  (Read 1128 times)
« on: May 01, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »
Cal Offline

Occasionally I use Kristal to record for a 2 hour stretch because it writes direct to disk.  I'm currently using AA1.5 so I don't get that.  Last weekend the Kristal file came out a higher speed, about 10%, than it ever has before.  Before that, recording through my M-Audio 2496, everything was good.  In Audition I stretched it to 110 to get it back to normal for final processing.

Anyone have a clue as to what could have sped it up?  No changes were made in any configurations, either Kristal or the soundcard.  At first I thought it might have been a sampling change, but the file showed 44100, 16bit.

Reply #1
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:11:46 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Well, you're no novice at this, and it sounds like you've hit all the right questions.

When you say "faster," you mean sped up and higher pitch, no doubt.  In that case, using "stretch" wouldn't sound as clean as using Edit>Adjust sample rate, then resampling back to  44.1Khz.

Had you said the file was 48Khz, I'd say that the data was captured at 44.1 and put into a 48Khz wrapper.  But you've described the opposite.  In which case the sample rate was around 40Khz?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: