AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 02, 2012, 01:08:24 AM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2597 Members
Latest Member: miskaudio
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  Recordings Showcase
| | |-+  nothing
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: nothing  (Read 173 times)
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:22:18 AM »
dobro Offline

So, this is where I got with AA3's reverb.  Everything else recorded and mixed in this non-music making software.  Thanks for helping out with comments earlier this year.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1093971

'Nothing'
Reply #1
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:32:59 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I've only been able to listen to any of this on headphones so far, but I think it's excellent. AA3.0's reverb sounds fine (mainly because you haven't overdone it!). For anybody else wondering, well worth a listen.

Reply #2
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:41:23 PM »
Phil G Howe Offline

Thou soundeth very biblical...     grin   Very enjoyable, and the reverb sounds fine in the amount applied!

My taste would be to bring the vocal up just a bit. On some places the almost-whispering quality is subdued by the guitar. But that's just me...

Also, have you considered playing the bass sound a bit more sustained? My first thought was that the bass should be more drawn-out and more lyrical sounding, if that makes sense...

I'd never allow myself to be cloned. I just couldn't live with myself...
Reply #3
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:31 AM »
dobro Offline

Thanks for the comments,  I appreciate that.  The bass part sort of chugs along because that's what the sound suggested.  On other tunes on the album, the bass notes are more sustained.

I've found that by turning the bass down a bit, I can turn the vocal down, too.  Maybe I did it too much.  I'll listen again.   

BTW, that's the Audition chorus effect on one of the guitar tracks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: