AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 05:50:47 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Polls
| | |-+  Do You Play, or Need Group Therapy ?
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author
Topic: Do You Play, or Need Group Therapy ?  (Read 42020 times)
Reply #45
« on: January 07, 2004, 06:48:21 PM »
William Rose Offline

Quote from: SteveG
Quote from: Cal
What a great forum.... Group Therapy.  

And to be just a little naughty here.... "This topic has gone OT.  Shouldn't it be splitted?"

Sorry.   rolleyes  and apologies.

Well, playing music is often regarded as a form of therapy (unlike my awful puns) - so maybe this is more on-topic than might be supposed. Anyway, splitting this topic may cause even more trauma - so for the time being it can stay - but it could of course be renamed slightly... (hint)

That was a good impression, Cal. Do you do anybody else ?  Smiley

Steve, feel free to offer a direct suggestion for a new name. Because, I have no idea.   cry

William

Dual 2ghz Pentiums , 3 gigs RAM, WinXpPro, AA3, SantaCruz..
Reply #46
« on: January 07, 2004, 06:51:10 PM »
Cal Offline

Quote from: bonnder
...I think Cal was joking about splitting this thread??

Quite right... but it was just a little dig.  But maybe it didn't really sound familiar at all, and if so, the joke was lost.

Reply #47
« on: January 07, 2004, 07:15:21 PM »
William Rose Offline

My name is Bill, and I'm a guitarist.

(Hi, Bill !)

William

Reply #48
« on: January 07, 2004, 07:30:51 PM »
Mac Offline

Quote from: the3jsgrve
ummm... I wish we could change those radio buttons to normal check boxes so I could vote for more than one.

It's on my to-do list Smiley  I can't guarantee if the mod I found works perfectly though, so it needs a close eye before it's put in.

(|-_-|)
Reply #49
« on: January 07, 2004, 07:51:28 PM »
Cal Offline

Quote from: William Rose
Quote from: SteveG
Quote from: Cal
What a great forum.... Group Therapy.  

And to be just a little naughty here.... "This topic has gone OT.  Shouldn't it be splitted?"

Sorry.   rolleyes  and apologies.

Well, playing music is often regarded as a form of therapy (unlike my awful puns) - so maybe this is more on-topic than might be supposed. Anyway, splitting this topic may cause even more trauma - so for the time being it can stay - but it could of course be renamed slightly... (hint)

That was a good impression, Cal. Do you do anybody else ?  Smiley

Truthfully, I miss Jeremiah (post78)... but I don't think it would be right to take up on him... it would all get mangled in the translation.  

The way things have been in the Northwest lately, he might be found somewhere like Mt. Rainier, Portland, Boise, etc. making snow angels.

Reply #50
« on: January 08, 2004, 08:10:02 AM »
bonnder Offline

Since we are off topic anyway - I did make snow angels on Mt. Rainier this Christmas.  Went by City Hall in Renton (post78's new stomping gounds?) quite a few times.  It's just a big glass box sitting right alongside the freeway.  Went past Duvall a couple of times (someone we used to know hails from there).  Went to Leavenworth and spent the night (Nordic village on eastern side of the Cascades).  Went on a ride through a very snowy forest on a two-horse open sleigh (with jingle bells and all).  Temperature at the time was 16 degrees.  But MC has that beat with his high of 6 degrees and low of minus whatever.  Drove through Tacoma at night to grandma's house with much snow on the ground and street, and snowing heavily.  Daughter sitting in back seat of car singing "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" the whole time.  My daughter is 7 1/2.  Born in Southern California.  I figured it was time for her to learn what cold is.  She also got to make snow angels on Mt. Rainier.

Whatever happened to post78?  Did the reindeer get him too?
Reply #51
« on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:22 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I imagine Jeremiah, is still getting adjusted to his "new" digs.

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #52
« on: January 16, 2004, 11:00:13 PM »
post78 Offline

Thanks for the kind words.  I've just been working and stuff and things, with things.  Stuff, really.  You know?
Renton is next to Kent - my new home.  Did a festival there last summer.

bye

"Who's THE Zapp Brannigan?".
Reply #53
« on: January 20, 2004, 07:43:14 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Nice to hear from you, Jeremiah!  Hope you'll drop in more often.
Reply #54
« on: January 22, 2004, 07:25:16 AM »
MarkT

Quote from: William Rose
My name is Bill, and I'm a guitarist.

(Hi, Bill !)

Welcome Bill, I am also a guitarist. I have been a guitarist for 33 years - it is a hard struggle but I am taking it one day at a time. It is the nights that are worst, laying in bed cuddling my plectrum and making guitar sounds to myself until I fall asleep. shocked
Reply #55
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:15:08 PM »
William Rose Offline

I don't generally use flatpicks, but I've found that it's pretty easy to play while horizontal......but if I have.......ahem.....you, know....company ? It might draw some moderate to severe objections, ( evil ) so I usually dont push it that far, or I could find myself waking up alone. Well, as Jimi Hendrix once said "That's all right I still got my guitar."   Smiley

William

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: