AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
January 31, 2012, 01:14:33 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2595 Members
Latest Member: gisnep336
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Adobe Audition 2.0, 3.0 & CS5.5
| | |-+  Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4
| | | |-+  Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4 is launched
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Audition CS5.5 AKA Audition 4 is launched  (Read 4912 times)
Reply #45
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:13:43 AM »
alanofoz Offline

Yes, they are on my list, along with a few other things, like the original notch filters. But, Durin would be cross if you said that he'd said that the scientific filters were actually 'lost' - he's made the point (as did I) that nothing is actually 'lost' as such - it's just not there yet, so it can only really be regarded as temporarily misplaced. The strongest hint about actually lost is probably MIDI, but even that is uncertain (unfortunately...)

Yes, I understood that, although perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Still, until the "temporarily misplaced" are replaced I think I'll hold off.

And I almost forgot - we'll have to wait for the return of Tone and Noise generation & Pitch correction. Not to mention control surface support (again).

Cheers,
Alan

Bunyip Bush Band
Reply #46
« on: April 18, 2011, 07:05:27 AM »
Andrew Rose Offline

Having skimmed through the comments here and on the Adobe forum I was left in two minds about whether to investigate this release. Then I found someone stating that clip grouping (in multitrack) had not been implemented, which I'm afraid immediately rules it out for me. For a product which, according to Adobe, has been prepared with focus on the core users in broadcasting this is a monumental cock-up - if I was still working at the BBC my advice would be to keep well away; I certainly wouldn't have allowed it on my desktop or that of the journalists, producers and editors I was working with.

As others have commented, it seems (to the humble customer) bizarre to be offered an "upgrade" - at a cost of €99 + tax, FWIW - to something which seems in crucial ways to be a downgrade over what we already have. Like others I've already drifted off to RX2 for the bulk of my work as AA has fallen behind in the tools which once made it so invaluable - right now it's left in my workflow almost purely as a recorder, occasional editor, for pitch alteration, and for its multi-track mixing capabilities. That the latter has been crippled means I'll be holding onto my cash.

Reply #47
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Then I found someone stating that clip grouping (in multitrack) had not been implemented, which I'm afraid immediately rules it out for me. For a product which, according to Adobe, has been prepared with focus on the core users in broadcasting this is a monumental cock-up - if I was still working at the BBC my advice would be to keep well away; I certainly wouldn't have allowed it on my desktop or that of the journalists, producers and editors I was working with.

That was me - and I agree entirely with your views on this - it's the broadcasters who will really lose out over it. I can just about get away with it with music production, but I wouldn't dream of using it in a broadcast environment in its present state.

(later) I've been doing a bit of checking, and I have to say that to all intents and purposes, this looks like a right cock-up that could possibly have been avoided...

Reply #48
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:59:30 AM »
ozpeter Offline

Presumably auto crossfade is still in the multitrack, but have they improved on the ripple editing feature?  For those who use Reaper (and who know in detail the new AA release) has Audition caught up in that respect?  I ask because I used to find that for what I was doing, Reaper's ripple editing meant not having to use clip grouping.  So if it's better in AA 4 than in AA 3, then maybe loss of clip grouping isn't going to be such a big deal.

(Eg in  Reaper - when you have "Ripple editing all tracks" turned on, move one clip and all clips to its right on all track will move also - including markers - kind of like insert/delete time, except by dragging.  And delete a clip, and everything moves likewise.  It's this feature that enables the Reaper multitrack to make a damn good stereo editor, in the sense of arranging stuff rather than in the sense of applying restoration etc tools, where it hands the crown to Audition - at least the previous version thereof...  Personally I always use a single track in Reaper rather than using the Audition stereo editor for compiling speech-and-music radio programs for that very reason.  The whole stereo editor / multitrack division seems to me to be pretty unnecessary these days - surely it's only there for historic reasons?  One environment should suffice.)
Reply #49
« on: May 22, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »
Liquid Fusion Offline

I've been with CEP since CEP 1.0 - possibly earlier.......

Free Trial Version - AA CS5.5

AA CS5.5

Reply #50
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:57:05 AM »
Lebon14 Offline

Very, VERY deceived here.  They removed so much stuff I wonder why they call this "an improvement".  They removed so much useful features such as the "Shortcut Bar" and so much effects that I am using in my audio editing, megamixing and compilations.  I HOPE that the next version will bring those back again.

For now, back to the old but still AMAZING version 1.5.
Reply #51
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:26:33 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

I revert to 1.5 for certain tasks, and sometimes continue working out of convenience...  until I stub my toe on something missing that I normally do in AA3!

But you're right, AA1.5 was a great product and very "mature," and someday we can hope that the newly rewritten Audition will gain that same maturity.
Reply #52
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:16:13 AM »
zemlin Offline

Not been here for a long while, and had totally missed any noise about the Audition update.
I gave up on AA for multitrack years ago, when we were all waiting for sub mixes and such to be added.  AA3 is still on my DAW and I use for NR and WAV editing.  Not much MT stuff, although MT view might be used to slice and dice files.

So now that folks have had some time to play ... is it a worthwhile upgrade?  I'm sure I'll give the trial versions a test run before long.
[edit] - you can disregard this question - I see there are other threads to browse on this topic [/edit]

Reply #53
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »
MusicConductor Offline

Karl, it's still great to hear from you, and hope all is well over in Indy.  I'm taking a both/and approach.  Mutlitrack editing in CS5.5 is a joy.  Obviously, the missing features could make it a non-starter depending on your needs.  So which version I use depends on the task, and yes, it does feel a little schizoid.

Well, there's always that 30-day free trial! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: