AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:27:06 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  What do you enjoy most about AA?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: What do you enjoy most about AA?  (Read 963 times)
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:49:27 PM »
binarystudios Offline

What do you enjoy most about Adobe Audition? Why have you chosen this program to record out of all the others out there. Is it because of the user friendly interface, or the truck load of tools that comes with the package?

Reply #1
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:53:28 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I'll jump in quick and confess.... I don't use Adobe Audition.  I'm still on Cool Edit Pro 1.2a and with the exception of the metronome availablity with Audition, I ain't missing nothing.  I WOULD enjoy the "real time" effects, but my experience with the Beta test was miserable.  Maybe when they get it "hashed out", I'll make the move....

YMMV

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #2
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:57:08 PM »
binarystudios Offline

Well, then I'll rephrase the question why do you enjoy, cool edit 1.2, cool edit 2.0, or adobe audtion so much?

Reply #3
« on: November 21, 2003, 03:34:55 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

The intuitiveness!  It's simple to learn, yet produces great quality.  I child can learn to use it!  I know, because I have an 11 year old that can work through any of the processes with common sense and the help files.  He very seldom ask "Dad" for any guidance.

shocked

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #4
« on: November 21, 2003, 03:39:03 PM »
zemlin Offline

I will also "confess" that I don't record with Audition (or a predecessor), but it IS my choice for editing and mixing.  I like the UI, the power of Edit View, and all the tools.

I record and do some initial editing with VEGAS, but the fun doesn't start until I load things into AA.

My biggest gripe is around envelope editting - there is lots of room for improvement there.

Reply #5
« on: November 21, 2003, 05:05:42 PM »
Andrew Rose Offline

It runs Younglove's script, without which I'd not be in business.

(YL - if you're ever around here I'd like to buy you a very large drink!)

Reply #6
« on: November 21, 2003, 05:08:11 PM »
Kesshutsu Offline

Quote from: zemlin
I will also "confess" that I don't record with Audition (or a predecessor), but it IS my choice for editing and mixing.  I like the UI, the power of Edit View, and all the tools.

I record and do some initial editing with VEGAS, but the fun doesn't start until I load things into AA.

My biggest gripe is around envelope editting - there is lots of room for improvement there.

shocked I'm very curious as to why you do this o.o ..does vegas offer something special o_o that I think we'd all like to know about

anyway.. I've been with Cool Edit since the start ..and I haven't found anything well really ..as cool xX haha ...o_o I mean it though

oO What'd you expect?
Reply #7
« on: November 21, 2003, 06:17:01 PM »
zemlin Offline

Quote from: Kesshutsu
shocked I'm very curious as to why you do this o.o ..does vegas offer something special o_o that I think we'd all like to know about
I spell it out fairly well in this thread

Since then I've upgraded to Vegas 4 which supports ASIO - Issues with dropouts and sync are gone.  Also allows monitoring realtime with effects and very low latency

Reply #8
« on: November 21, 2003, 07:17:40 PM »
Kesshutsu Offline

ah.. I see

I should add that CEP has my favorite waveform display style.. it just looks a lot better than others such as Samplitude Professional Platinum (Sequoia) ..the display on that software just drove me insane oO also the Vocoder in CEP is much better ..you could use Convulsion to achieve the same effect Sequoia uses nearly..
it would be nice if CEP added POW-r dithering though

oO What'd you expect?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: