AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
May 02, 2008, 08:50:41 AM
64292 Posts in 6444 Topics by 2346 Members
Latest Member: Stefan
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  OT Posts
| | |-+  Vista generation audio
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: Vista generation audio  (Read 2278 times)
Reply #15
« on: June 09, 2007, 06:18:31 PM »
frugal Offline
Stop the world...this isn't my bus. Posts: 169

(Incidentally, this is post 60,000 on this site - calls for at least another cup of tea to celebrate, I think...)

Maybe we'll all save up for a big Huzzah when you personally hit 8000.  Seems to be approaching fast!  grin
Frugal

The Frugal Audio Guy
www.FrugalAudio.com
Reply #16
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:13:38 AM »
Wildduck Offline

Today's update from our friend in Microsoft...

"WildDuck, it turns out that my laptop has the codec in question, and I can reproduce the problem on my machine.

We're trying to understand the failure right now."

It would be churlish, I suppose, to ask why this was not found during the beta testing of Vista, even though it does look like some sort of weird motherboard hardware problem rather than a Vista problem. A posting in an Acer forum from a fine Indian gentleman last August appears to describe the problem and his guess at the cause, but he was totally ignored and hasn't posted since.

Meanwhile, my feeling is that no-one should buy any sort of laptop without carrying out this audio test. If I were being paid to do this, I'd be even more strenuously compiling a list of machines that show the effect, and then trying to find some common component or firmware code.

If anyone does know anyone who has bought a laptop recently running any OS, even Linux, and who could get this 2-minute test carried out, it really would be worth doing. I haven't heard about or tried any machines from the likes of Sony, Toshiba etc. etc.

Reply #17
« on: June 12, 2007, 02:37:17 PM »
Aim Day Co Offline

Wow! a form of admitance shocked

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: