AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:22:14 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  AA to trigger/cue a playlist??
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: AA to trigger/cue a playlist??  (Read 359 times)
« on: July 13, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »
Shazbot Offline

My Pocket PC that I've been using to cue backing tracks at my live shows just went kaput, and I'm wondering if there's a way to use AA 1.5 on my laptop to trigger them. I want the ability to have several song files lined up so I can press Play (spacebar) and it will play through to the end of one song, then be cued up already for the next track, and then when ready to press the spacebar and that song will play, etc.  Or, maybe the same thing with tabbing between the tracks/files. But with the least actions as possible to make that happen, ideally just pressing the spacebar each time to play.  Otherwise, I'm up for recommendations for a software MP3 player that might do that.

Thanks,
Shaz

http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
- Cool Tunes for Kids -
Reply #1
« on: July 13, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

I don't think that you can quite do it as simply as you require in 1.5, but it's better than in 2.0, where the entire playlist option was quietly dropped...

If you arrange a copy of all of your files into one big file, and then set the start and finish of each of the files as a cue range in the big file, and import them into the playlist, then hitting the 'autocue' button will step through each cue range in sequence, just playing the range specified. Unfortunately I can't find any way to make a keyboard shortcut for the Autocue button - which leaves you forced to use the mouse, I think - unless somebody knows something I don't!

That's the best built-in automation there is. There are a lot of file players around that will do what you want with ease, though - and some of them are free. There's a thread in the Radio section about them somewhere, I think, but I don't know how up to date it is.

Reply #2
« on: July 13, 2006, 12:55:50 AM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

The aforementioned thread is here.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: