AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 13, 2007, 05:02:44 AM
61319 Posts in 6055 Topics by 2048 Members
Latest Member: sam260677
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Cool Edit 2.0 & 2.1, Audition 1.0 & 1.5
| | |-+  How optimize Cool Edit Pro 2.0's work?
  « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author
Topic: How optimize Cool Edit Pro 2.0's work?  (Read 982 times)
« on: July 19, 2003, 12:32:06 AM »
Sergey-adept Offline

Hello everyone! Smiley
I have a problem with Cool Edit Pro 2.0:
when I try to play any WAV file sometimes ('cause sometimes it's OK) the sound desappears.It seems like output overloads. (I just guess, 'cause I really don't know what is it, but I know for sure that the sound card's drives are OK).
It seems too strange when a WAV file has minimum volume.
So I have some questions:
 smiley What settings I have to calibrate to avoid it?
(What is the recommended (or max/min) setting for Playback/Record buffer's size, Wave cache size etc.) How can I optimize its work?
 smiley Is there a overall or a general volume for multitracks in Cool Edit Pro 2.0? And where is it situated in menu?

Thanks!
Reply #1
« on: July 20, 2003, 10:56:45 AM »
AMSG Offline

When and how does it disappear? Sound just vanishing for a while sounds like a soundcard problem actually. But you seem to be sure that that's not the case?

The buffer size and wave cache don't have anything to do with your volume. So you shouldn't change them to correct this problem. Those parameters are there to optimize the performance of your pc in terms of speed.

And you can change the 'general volume' in cep.
Alt+2 and you'll see the cool edit pro mixer. On the left side is your master volume fader.

I raised you. I loved you. I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There is nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life, by your own hand.
-Boss, Metal Gear Solid 3
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: