AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:18:33 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  10 Biggest Lies in Audio (PDF Article)
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: 10 Biggest Lies in Audio (PDF Article)  (Read 1648 times)
Reply #15
« on: August 04, 2005, 05:08:14 AM »
groucho Offline

Quote from: post78
I've heard some modelers I've liked okay (well, one) but I wouldn't say they're close to a real amp quite yet.

I dissagree.  I have a VOX Tonelab that sits right on the money in most instances.  I think they might have been able to do a little better with it's direct tones, but through a good clean amp (I'm using a JC80) I find id to be pretty solid.  Though, at that price it had better be...

Ah - I should clarify that I wasn't thinking of using them through amps when I made the above comment.

I've got some usable sounds out of modeler/amp combos as well - I'm just tired of the endless fiddling. It's such a refreshing joy to simply find the sound on the amp, record it and move on.

I guess, after a few years of endless experimenting with modelers, I'm going through an "anti-modeler" phase.Smiley

I played with the Vox in the store - and it didn't knock me out, but it was certainly better than the Line6 crapolla (we're talking standalone here), but I just couldn't imagine paying that much for a modeler. But this stuff is all very subjective - one man's garbage is another man's gold.

You got any clips with that thing, posty?

Chris
Reply #16
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:13:16 PM »
post78 Offline

No.  I've been recording a project for about 9 months though, so whenever that's done I'll have something.  wink

"Who's THE Zapp Brannigan?".
Reply #17
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:38:32 PM »
groucho Offline

Quote from: post78

No.  I've been recording a project for about 9 months though, so whenever that's done I'll have something.  wink

Sounds like it might not be going so well?Smiley

Chris
Reply #18
« on: August 05, 2005, 12:52:01 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

post78 Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. I've been recording a project for about 9 months though, so whenever that's done I'll have something.
groucho Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds like it might not be going so well?
Actually, it sounds like Jeremiah's too busy working on other people's projects to do his own thing!  I DO know the feeling.  FWIW, I have a side project that I get around to occasionally (all instrumental acoustic guitar in various tunings) and, it originally was gonna be titled............................... Resolution 2001!!!!  How's that for drag'n ass?

shocked

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #19
« on: August 07, 2005, 04:32:31 AM »
post78 Offline

Voodoo's got tit. wink

"Who's THE Zapp Brannigan?".
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: