AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
February 01, 2012, 07:28:47 PM
73736 Posts in 7768 Topics by 2596 Members
Latest Member: paulvincent
News:       Buy Adobe Audition:
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Software
| |-+  Third-Party Plugins
| | |-+  Free DX plugins
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: Free DX plugins  (Read 59484 times)
Reply #30
« on: September 27, 2003, 12:27:08 AM »
ozpeter Offline

You can convert it to sliders of your choice with 'skinrack' but you then lose the lights, if any.
Reply #31
« on: September 27, 2003, 12:55:55 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I don't have a problem with the knobs per se...  but, I do have the software version of BBE Sonic Maximizer (I've got 3 hardware units as well) and when you open it, the master volume knob "defaults" to wide open!!  It's a PITA, but just requires remembering to "pull it down" before hitting the play button.

shocked

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #32
« on: September 27, 2003, 01:28:15 AM »
kylen Offline

I do have the software version of BBE Sonic Maximizer (I've got 3 hardware units as well) and when you open it, the master volume knob "defaults" to wide open!!

Ouch ! I can hear the galvanized chromium peeling off my eardrums !

I just got the BBE plug myself and matched it against my BBE Sonic Maximizer 462.

What did you think Voodoo - which BBE model (s) do you have and how are you thinking it compares ?

kylen
Reply #33
« on: September 27, 2003, 03:41:54 AM »
VoodooRadio Offline

I have a 362, and 362NR (that have single end noise reduction) and one of the original 422's.  I also have a BBE DI-100 Active/Passive Direct Box.  The DI is decent, but I usually prefer to use either a Whirlwind, a Countryman or a Stewart.  It's not that the BBE sucks, it just has a colouration that I'm not looking for often.  As for the Maximizers....  of the hardware units, I actually prefer the original 422.  It seems a little less grainy in the high end.  My take on the software vs. the hardware is that they are very comparable.  As with any unit/program that utilizes this sort of technology.... less is best!!  Other than the strange quirk with the software (of defaulting to full volume when first opened), I think it's a very useful (if careful) tool and comes in at a fair price.  

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #34
« on: September 27, 2003, 07:14:54 PM »
kylen Offline

Thanks Voodoo. The hardware BBE units are interesting - different models use different knees where they set the lo and hi controls. I'm in an anti-computer mood the past 3 or 4 weeks so it wouldn't be fair for me to say which I like best yet - I'll give it some time.

Yes, a little BBE goes a very long way.  shocked  Plus your ears adjust to it fast allowing you to pour more and more on untill 45 minutes later your wife'll walk in and your hair is standing straight up !

I had to kind of calibrate my hardware unit using some CEP pink noise and put some markers on the front panel where the point is that begins to drop the mids - I don't like the sound past that point. I can rebalance my own mids - thank you very much !

For the BBE 462 the 'flat' position is low=30%, hi=full ccw. The mids drop out at lo=60%, hi=60%. I generally seem to have the low=35%, hi=35% or thereabouts. I haven't set up the software BBE yet...
I just like to know what effects the knobs have is the reason I like to run pink noise and watch the Ozone2 spectrum or CurveEQ. The other part of the picture is your ears of course since you can't see some things on a spectrum...

Happy BBEing !
kylen
Reply #35
« on: September 27, 2003, 10:35:37 PM »
kylen Offline

But this knob thing is idiotic.

Yeah groucho - Watch the Classic Compressor - I keep getting 40db of output in my ear when I touch the output knob. I'm sure the creator didn't mean for that to happen - I'll let him know. It's not a but but one click too far to the right and bang - zoom ! ouch

kylen
Reply #36
« on: September 28, 2003, 06:36:03 AM »
Despised7 Offline
Administrator

Thanks for all the info on monitor situations and plug-ins. I did run across the monitoring threads on the Synt forum, but the more I can learn the better! I'm like a dry-sponge.  Cheesy

Reply #37
« on: October 10, 2003, 01:45:13 PM »
DigitalSoapbox Offline

You guys forgot AnalogX!

http://www.analogx.com

TONS of free effects plugins, various utility plugins, standalone programs (including a Vocoder and a text-to-speech app), and a slew of non audio-related tools that are pretty darned useful in their own right.  Not to metion some great music to download by their creator.

Regards,
- Nick Robalik
http://www.digital-soapbox.com

Design: Web/Print/Audio/Video/Games
Reply #38
« on: October 10, 2003, 02:20:01 PM »
SteveG Offline
Administrator

Quote from: DigitalSoapbox
You guys forgot AnalogX!

http://www.analogx.com

TONS of free effects plugins, various utility plugins, standalone programs (including a Vocoder and a text-to-speech app), and a slew of non audio-related tools that are pretty darned useful in their own right.  Not to metion some great music to download by their creator.

Hey, you guys have to be kind to Nick - he's still feeling very sore about Adobe buying out Syntrillium. And I kind-of pinched him from the Adobe forum... (where I hope he will still visit from time to time, otherwise ozpeter will get hacked off. It's not out of bounds, you know!)

Reply #39
« on: October 10, 2003, 02:44:27 PM »
Cal Offline

Quote from: SteveG
Hey, you guys have to be kind to Nick - he's still feeling very sore about Adobe buying out Syntrillium.

Welcome Nick... I was just at the Adobe forum maybe a half hour ago and also read your agony.  Funny how you can sometimes peg guys and their location, at least approximately.  What I mean is this: I judged by your language style you were from possibly New York, New Jersey or thereabouts (Adobe forums don't have location identity capability) ... but Philly is close enough both in geography and, um, texture.  

We share your CE passion.   Cool

Reply #40
« on: October 10, 2003, 08:30:32 PM »
kylen Offline

Thanks Nick !

I've been looking for something like SampleSlide to use when I put a SIR on a track...cool  Cool

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio.htm

Bit Police looks good too - I'll be trying them out soon! Good Job !

kylen
Reply #41
« on: October 10, 2003, 10:53:10 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Hi Nick..... Smiley

BTW I use the AnalogX proxy server thingy to my domestic network to the net - works well enough for free.
Reply #42
« on: October 19, 2003, 11:26:18 AM »
AMSG Offline

I finally tried that Classic series which kylen talked about and I think they sound great! I don't understand why the guy does it all for free actually! Hehe, I mean, ok, share one or two of those plug-ins, but ALL of them!? shocked

Anyway, I saw some people had problems with them using their wrappers. I use the spinaudio lite wrapper and they all work fine.
Reply #43
« on: October 19, 2003, 12:29:08 PM »
VoodooRadio Offline

AMSG Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finally tried that Classic series which kylen talked about and I think they sound great!
Could you post the link to them??

wink

Good Luck!

VooDoo
Reply #44
« on: October 19, 2003, 01:05:19 PM »
ozpeter Offline

Second post on page two of this thread, Voodoo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: