AudioMasters

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 16, 2007, 03:29:24 PM
62675 Posts in 6217 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: tone2
News:   | Forum Rules
+  AudioMasters
|-+  Audio Related
| |-+  General Audio
| | |-+  Post your favorite recording tricks here!
  « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author
Topic: Post your favorite recording tricks here!  (Read 2161 times)
Reply #15
« on: February 28, 2004, 09:11:24 PM »
Joe Scumbag Offline

Quote from: VoodooRadio
Here's the vocal process in a little more detail;  Make 4 "unique" copies of your vocal track. Keep the original dry and panned @ -5 of center. Put a 28ms delay on one of the copies and pan it opposite @ +5. Put a 23ms delay on another "copy" and pan full left, with a 15ms delay on a copy panned full right. Now put a reverb on the remaining copy track and leave it in the center. Play around with the volumes on all tracks to build a vocal that is even across the mix. The different delays (while not extremely long) will fatten up the vocal and alot of times help with keeping them legible.

wink

great tip voodoo!  I'm currently working on a piano ballad, just piano, female singer and a bit of cello in the chorus.  I recorded the piano with two mics, Rode NT2 and a AKGC4000.  The piano sounds beautiful, very wide image due to the stereo miking.  The problem was that the vocals seemed a bit lost.  I tried alsorts of different pannings, long, short reverbs, but nothing seemed to work.  Thx to the shortdelays trick, I nailed it just right.  The vocal is very present now.  Great tip!

Well, I stand up next to a mountain
And I chop it down with the edge of my hand.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: